Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

18 years later

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary Lou

Number of posts : 1
Home City : NSW
Registration date : 2012-07-16

18 years later Empty
PostSubject: 18 years later   18 years later Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 am

Hello fellow super custom owners,
I just got myself a '95 Super custom in prime nick from a great person ( and only 133,000 km's) and found this site with almost 12,500 posts of wisdom.
Now....I've been after a van for 18 years, why I've waited so long well travel,no money, living in the UK with crazy insurance costs, kids, no cash etc etc...... but now I've just moved to OZ and saw the van in our local rag. Very chuffed all round and it will hopefully be the van that takes us safely around Oz in a year or 2.......
But (always a but) , tonight got really worried about an orange light on the dash board that looked like a golden gate......however.... thanking whoever it was who put up all the dash board symbols and realised it needs a top up of radiator coolant....phew that's easily managed.
Any more hints and tips appreciated. I also want to put a tow bar on it and a bull bar and tint the windows. ANY recommendations cheerfully received.
Cheers
New Super owner
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

18 years later Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years later   18 years later Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 am

Woo hoo well done. Chuffed for you, and not jealous of you living in Oz

Keep an eye on the coolant level, if it keeps happening may well be a head gasket problem.
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

18 years later Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years later   18 years later Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:37 am

Welcome to the forum, Mary Lou.

I am also a relatively new member on here, having bought my van back in early April. I joined the forum before I bought my van as it was about the only place to get info on these vehicles and I have found the members are really helpful on here.

I recently had a towbar put on my van (to tow a 6x4 trailer) and it appears to have been a standard towbar with some modifications on the fitting. What bar the installers will use, may depend on what you wish to tow. Put towbar into the search box above and have a read to see what others have done.

Be wary of anyone who wants to charge a very large amount. I had 2 quotes here in Adelaide which were $220 apart and I ended up paying $100 less than the lowest quote as it turned out to be easier to fit than they originally thought.

Is your van a 2WD or 4WD, which engine has it got? This will be useful for any questions you may have in the future.

Cheers,

Werner
Back to top Go down
Scrotes
Not so new now
Not so new now
Scrotes

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Wellington. NZ.
Model and year : 1994 SC 3.0 TD 4WD. -most useful vehicle I've ever owned. Should have bought one years ago!
Registration date : 2010-09-11

18 years later Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years later   18 years later Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:05 am

Hi Mary Lou, welcome aboard.

Hopefully you'll find the forum useful -and a bit of a laugh!

Happy trails. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

18 years later Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 years later   18 years later Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

18 years later
Page 1 of 1