Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rotation of seats in 7 seater..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Empty
PostSubject: Rotation of seats in 7 seater..   Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:22 am

Hi all,

my van is a 7 seater and I am assuming that the middle row of seats swivel through 180 degrees as they are on a cylindrical mounting. I have tried a few times to get the seats to turn around but for the life of me can't seem to find that magic "gadget" that enables it to be done. scratch

Any ideas?

cheers,

Werner

Back to top Go down
CHAMRA1
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 39
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 98 Supercustom G
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Rotation of seats in 7 seater..   Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:31 am

The seats have to tilt downwards before they can be turned around .

Its illegal in Australia to drive with them turned the opposite way around .
Thats why they remove the seatbelt in the first seat .
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Rotation of seats in 7 seater..   Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:17 am

Seats back tilted down as said (assuming the cable is hooked up right)....also ( on 8 seaters) there is a small lever that you can pull instead...centre middle of seat...you will just get one finger behind it
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Rotation of seats in 7 seater..   Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:43 am

On my SC Ltd, they also locked at 90 degrees.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Rotation of seats in 7 seater..   Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:28 am

yep thats the way tilt then turn mine go 360 so turn either right or left just a small mod that can be done with a grinder
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

PostSubject: Re: Rotation of seats in 7 seater..   Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:38 am

So if I understand correctly, the seats have to be tilted forward as in a "V"shape before rotating?

I may have a problem as the seat closest to the door doesn't appear to tilt either forwards or backwards. The lever on the side of the seat doesn't appear to do anything, so I suspect it has disconnected from something inside the seat. May be a bugger to fix without ruining the seat trim. Any ideas?

Long term, both rows of seats will probably be coming out anyway. It would be nice to be able to have a single seat nearest the sliding door, but I'm not sure how I would be able to legally mount a single seat with seatbelt or what sort of seat would be able to be fitted there. Again, any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Rotation of seats in 7 seater..   Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Seats come out easy enough (heavy though)....but...start by just removing the plastic trim/shrouds at the base. You should then be able to see the problem
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

PostSubject: Re: Rotation of seats in 7 seater..   Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:16 am

My parents came over for Mother's Day yesterday, so I showed my father the van.

By the end of it all, we had the seats rotated & tilted flat and some ideas on how to make a comfortable bed without having to remove the seats at all.

However, the location of the fridge at night may be a bit of a problem as during the day it will be behind the rear seats, but the compressor going on and off at night will probably be too loud and annoying for a good night's sleep, particularly during the warmer months.

My father suggested putting it on the passenger seat at night, but seems like an inconvenience to have to shift it every night and back again every morning.

Some more thinking to do, but it's a start... scratch

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rotation of seats in 7 seater..   Rotation of seats in 7 seater.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rotation of seats in 7 seater..
Page 1 of 1