Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Understanding your viscous fan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Understanding your viscous fan Empty
PostSubject: Understanding your viscous fan   Understanding your viscous fan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 am

http://neuralfibre.com/paul/4wd/tuning-and-understanding-your-toyota-viscous-fan-clutch

I came across this link today. Its a very unteresting and informative article about reoiling and setting up the viscous fan. There are also similar aricles on the Hilux Surf forum which are very good.

My fan spins quite freely when the engine is hot (not checked when cold yet).

willyw likes this post

Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

PostSubject: Re: Understanding your viscous fan   Understanding your viscous fan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:36 am

Also see this

http://www.offroad80s.com/how-to-top-up-your-fan-clutch-and-do-the-blue-fan-clutch-mod-t1160.html

willyw likes this post

Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

PostSubject: Re: Understanding your viscous fan   Understanding your viscous fan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:57 pm

I have found out that Toyota sells the silicon oil for the fan and these come in 3 viscosities. 3000 Centistokes (Cst), 6000Cst & 10,000Cst. Part numbers are 08816-03001, 08816-06001 & 08816-10001 respectively. I do not know yet which is recommended for the UK climate, but someone in California found the 10,000Cst oil to work. So I guess the 3000 or 6000 would be the one to go for.

I called my local Toyota dealer today to see if they can advise but only gave me a £1.50/min number to call... useless. I'll do some more research and report back asap

willyw likes this post

Back to top Go down
willyw
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Home City : Sunshine Coast
Registration date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Understanding your viscous fan   Understanding your viscous fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 3:59 am

part number for a viscous fan clutch?
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Understanding your viscous fan   Understanding your viscous fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 1:09 am

The 1KZ-TE Hiace uses an Aisin FCT-004 blue fan clutch off a 90s LandCruiser.

willyw likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Understanding your viscous fan   Understanding your viscous fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 9:35 pm

Hello.

I didn't trust my current fan so bought an AISIN one from Autodoc usinig the OEM part number here: https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/engine/1601/ which I crossreferenced with the OEM listings on the Autodoc site. The fan is currently tucked away until I replace the timing belt and water pump (latter also AISIN from Autodoc) and get the front of the engine and cooling parts (inc rad) back together after everything else in that bit is back, which will be quite a while yet.

If I come across it in its box I'll post the part number here and someone can tell me whether I got the right one or not (for a 3L engine)?

Good spot on the posts. They are super detailed and very comprehensive. I also like the idea of refill, but my fan is ~30y old and I didn't find the oil to be very cheap. Certainly at least half the cost of a brand new OEM fan, plus the metalic strip assembly on the front of mine looked a bit tired.

Just my 2p.

Cheers and thanks for the links.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Understanding your viscous fan   Understanding your viscous fan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Understanding your viscous fan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: