Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

converting from 110 volts to 220 volts mains hookup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
miniwini

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Cambridge
Model and year : Toyota Hiace 1994 2.7 Diesel automatic Reimo Campervan
Registration date : 2011-06-19

converting from 110 volts to 220 volts mains hookup Empty
PostSubject: converting from 110 volts to 220 volts mains hookup   converting from 110 volts to 220 volts mains hookup Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:40 pm

My Hiace Reimo has 110 volt elektromatic battery charger fitted. As im in the UK and have 220 volts AC, If I remove this and connect a CTEK intelligent battery charger, what else do I have to do?
Does the mains plug connect the EARTH wire to the vehicle earth? Does it pass through a fusebox or controller of any kind? there is a thing on the rear that looks like its something to do with it. If I did that, I assume that when hooked up, i get the Leisure battery charged. There is no direct mains socket in the van. There is a box wiith a 13 amp mains socket installed. I assume this is an inverter and converts 12 volts DC to 220 volts AC. I dont really need 220 volts in the van, as I have radio and laptop and ipod that all run off 12 volts DC with their adaptors.
Any advice welcomed. Thanks. Happy Campervanning! confused
Back to top Go down

converting from 110 volts to 220 volts mains hookup
Page 1 of 1