Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gonzo1963
gonzo1963

Number of posts : 15
Home City : IPSWICH, QUEENSLAND
Model and year : 1995 SC Limited 3.0L TD 4WD
Registration date : 2011-07-11

TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD Empty
PostSubject: TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD   TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Hey guys,
I'm located in Newcastle, NSW, Australia and I want to get a Towbar fitted to my 95 SC so I can tow a Caravan.
My van is the KZH106 - 3.0L Turbo Diesel Auto 4WD SC Limited model.
I ordered a Towbar from Haymen-Reese to suit 11/1989 to 03/2005 TOYOTA HIACE LWB & SWB Part #: 01241 Price = $312.64.
When the mechanic at Argy Glendale went to fit the Bar he said it wouldn't fit the SC Chassis and was the wrong Bar for it.
Is there anyone in Australia who has one fitted to their SC and if so where did you get it from.
Look forward to hearing from someone in OZ...
Cheers
Geoff
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD   TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:49 am

The SC chassis is exactly the same! Tell your mechanic to think out side the square... He will have to remove the fuel filler hose guard and and tow hook assembly and probably the exhaust bracket. There is a mob in Sydney called Fast Fit that do tow bars for a lot of the Jap imports so that is an option if you can't convince your mechanic to pull his head out of his ass. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD   TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 am

I have a Hayman Reese hitch receiver on mine which will be different to your bar. Mine is Product : 01393R Description: TOYOTA HIACE HLP with Step. When mine was done ( in Melbourne) he welded a couple of extensions to pick up the rails in an extra spot to make it stronger and fitted some spacers so the rail would not be crushed on tightening up the retaining bolts. He provided a plate to show it uprated from 1400kg to 1500kg to suit my requirements. As srburnsy has said you need to find someone who will figure it out or someone who already knows.

FYI the guy who did it for me in Melbourne is LOCSED products in Ringwood. He is a one man show that makes barbequeue's, does general engineering and also towbar fitting.
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD   TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm

I have been told by a towbar mob here on the Gold Coast that I had to go to Brisbane to get a towbar specially made to fit it ..at around $1000 ..makes it an expensive excersize ...Tezza
Back to top Go down
gonzo1963
gonzo1963

Number of posts : 15
Home City : IPSWICH, QUEENSLAND
Model and year : 1995 SC Limited 3.0L TD 4WD
Registration date : 2011-07-11

PostSubject: Re: TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD   TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:03 am

srburnsy wrote:
The SC chassis is exactly the same! Tell your mechanic to think out side the square... He will have to remove the fuel filler hose guard and and tow hook assembly and probably the exhaust bracket. There is a mob in Sydney called Fast Fit that do tow bars for a lot of the Jap imports so that is an option if you can't convince your mechanic to pull his head out of his ass. Rolling Eyes

Hey Burnsy,
Yeah I got a feeling the bloke never even had a look underneath to see if it physically fitted. I reckon he's only looked at the Chassis Number and decided it wasn't the right one, because the carpet on the lh kick panel was lifted, and the seat had been raised as well.
I already mentioned to the Counter staff about the Mods and the removal of the Fuel Filler neck etc as referred to in other posts from this forum.
I might go direct to ISP here in Newy and check it out myself.
I'll give Fast Fit a bell as well.
What $$$ are we looking at including fitting ??.
I could quite easily do it all myself if it came down to it, but my days of being a Motor Mechanic are over. The missus gave away all my tools when we separated...

Cheer
Geoff
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD   TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:59 am

I would also be interested in fitting one to a similar vehicle to be able to tow a 6x4 trailer. Would be interested to know an approx fitted cost. I have a feeling noone here in Adelaide will have done one before so they may put it in the "too hard basket". Bit expensive to have to go to Melbourne or Sydney to get it done Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD   TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOWBAR FOR MY SC Limited 4WD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: