Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Charging up my camper from the house

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Debbie

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Bangor
Registration date : 2011-07-22

Charging up my camper from the house Empty
PostSubject: Charging up my camper from the house   Charging up my camper from the house Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi, I know this has probably been asked somewhere before but I have to admit to being a bit dumb when it comes to all of this so replies I have seen that mention voltage etc send my head into a spin.

I am going away to my mums for xmas in my van and have bought an adapter to hook up to the house electrics. I have the van plugged in now in order to get some charge for if we have to stop over night tonight.

So I've plugged in. Switched the switch on the zig unit so it is on to the picture of the van parked up. (switch has a pic of van being driven above it, and below has a pic of van parked up under a tree). I've got it on to the pic of van under the tree.

So my question is....Is the van charging now? If not what do I need to do? I am in no way technically minded and need very simple answers.

Many thanks in anticipation...and Merry Christmas to one and all
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Charging up my camper from the house Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging up my camper from the house   Charging up my camper from the house Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Only sure fire way of knowing is to get a cheap multimeter to register any voltage difference when on....another way would be to listen to the battery after a while to see if you can hear any fizzing/gassing noises indicating its being charged.
I'd guess the pic of the van parked up may be the right one but don't really know for sure...the pic of van being driven (I'd guess) means that when driving the battery is being charged from the alternator...under the tree (I'd guess) means you are camping and are using the battery for power.
Someone who knows for sure may like to chip in..........
Back to top Go down

Charging up my camper from the house
Page 1 of 1