Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exhaust Compatability

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pianosold

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Norwich England
Model and year : '94 Super Custom 3L EFI
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Exhaust Compatability Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Compatability   Exhaust Compatability Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:37 am

Hi all - need a new exhaust for my 94 3L efi Super Custom and have found one on Ebay (item number: 150711081675). Vendor only has the one pic and it's from a 96 vehicle. He's adamant it'll go one, but it looks different to me - my back box looks bigger for example and mine is cylindrical? Is the 96 going to be identical to the 94?

Many thanks in advance.
Rob
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability   Exhaust Compatability Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:38 pm

As long as the exhaust pipe has the same bends and lengths and the anchor points are in the right place it doesn't really matter if the silencer is round or oval (as Toyota original).

I have a custom made SS exhaust pipe on my SC and the box is round.

Maybe someone can confirm if it fits.

The price I paid for my SS exhaust was £280. So there is quite a price difference, but if it doesn't fit then you have the hassle or selling it on. Theres always going to be other opportunities, so if your're not desperate or its too far to see the exhaust I'll bid my time. You could always ask the vendor to email you some more pics and include a few of the dimensions such as from down pipe to first bracket, betweeen brackets and box and to the end of tail pipe.

I hope this helps you
Back to top Go down
Pianosold

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Norwich England
Model and year : '94 Super Custom 3L EFI
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability   Exhaust Compatability Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Many thanks for the tips simongd. I have bought this one and hope I dont have to bleat on here if it is wrong!

Cheers

Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability   Exhaust Compatability Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Compatability
Page 1 of 1