Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Towbar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Towbar Empty
PostSubject: Towbar   Towbar Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Well, I have my "new" towbar.

It seems to fit, though I had to unbolt the towing eye on the drivers side to make that end plate fit. Don't seem to be able to put it back on though. As long as its not needed for the MOT I can live without it.

The passenger side is another matter though. The end plate was welded to the chasis of the SC from which it came. I cann't weld though I'm sure my local garage would oblige.

Is it normal (I have a LH100 chasis) to have to weld this side or has anyone found a way of welding a captive nut to the inside of the chasis?
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Towbar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towbar   Towbar Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Thats weird cause mine had all the bolt holes ready just to bolt it up. Sounds like you got some welding to do.
Back to top Go down
Insight
Not so new now
Not so new now
Insight

Number of posts : 32
Home City : Warkworth, New Zealand
Model and year : 1990, 2RZ-E 2.4petrol.
Registration date : 2011-05-01

Towbar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towbar   Towbar Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:14 am

I have the same van as you Simon and mines just bolted on at both sides. Was done before I bought it however but I dont see any welding.
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Towbar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towbar   Towbar Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Finally I have had some time to put on my towbar. I didn't want to weld as I want the option of removing it at a later date. I shall try and get photos up here if anyone wants to see what I did. Basiclly I cut a small section of the boot floor panel and peeled it up to gain access into the chasis beam. Then I drilled out the holes in the chasis, and attached the endplate then finally the bar and hook. Then I will bend down the floor panel and water-proof it with silicon. That was the near-side. For the off side I simply drilled a hole in the floor large enough for a 19mm socket to pass through and bolted.

The electrics that came with my 'new' towbar need replacing with new. I haven't done this yet. I could do with some advice bofore getting started. Which rear light cluster do I remove to connect the cables? Can I get both indicators & side lights from one side? Do I need a relay thingie as the dash board tells me when the is a rear bulb failure?

Tx
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Towbar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towbar   Towbar Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Can anyone give me a clue regarding wiring?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Towbar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towbar   Towbar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Towbar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: