Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

warning lights wont go off when start van

Go down 
+2
ruffnut
mayfair
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mayfair

Number of posts : 8
Home City : durham
Registration date : 2010-12-08

warning lights wont go off when start van Empty
PostSubject: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Hello all ,newbie to forum hope someone can help with my problem scratch

i have a 1992/3 hi ace campervan 2.7 diesel manual (was jap import) problem just come on which is baffling me

when start the van runs perfect but all warning lights dont go off - the radiator sign + the oil can sign + timing belt sign all stay on and dont go off

i have checked under dash fuses they are all ok ,also checked the fan belt which runs on the adjustable wheel at the bottom underneath the alternator,this seems fine (reason checked this was a freind had same problem which was caused by a very loose belt)

any advice/suggestions would be extremely wellcomed Smile

many thanks in advance alan
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:45 pm

hi and welcome to the forum.
ok stupid question have you checked the oil and water levels?
also the timing belt light is telling you that it is time to change it. it needs changing every 100,000 kms
when was this last changed?
Back to top Go down
mayfair

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:47 pm

thanks for reply wish it was that simple a fix - timing belt been done - also checked main 3 fuses in battery compartment they are all intact -the lights appeared simultaniously - must be related to alternator system the controls warning lamps as mentioned in another members post with same problem ,not sure how to test or where anything else is that could cause fault

cheers alan
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:15 am

have you checked the fuses near drivers feet?
Back to top Go down
mayfair

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 5:51 am

yes checked dash fuses as per first post .

the problem - according to other info sources is >>>>> the type of alternator on this engine is unusual in that it is earthed through the alternator brushes ,and it is a very common fault for all lights to show in this manner,

the brushes are located in their own compartment and can be replaced without having to take alternator off.

i hope that this info is helpfull to anyone getting the same problem in the future

Happy days Very Happy

alan
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:28 am

hope you get it sorted
Back to top Go down
mayfair

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:46 pm

hello again sunny

what a result -removed drivers seat -removed engine /floor panel /undid handbrake cable this leaves

nice clear run at the alternator ............ went to undo 10 mm nut on what looks like earth strap

it was barely tight ! nipped up gently - started van all lights went out as they should ,so nipped up secure

tried starting a good 10 times just to be sure -alls well again including battery now charging again.

not normally so fortunate ,but why look a gift horse in the mouth

hope this helps someone in the future who has same problem

cheers al Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:42 am

Result! I do love the no cost fix!

Don't suppose you had a chance to take a picture?
Back to top Go down
mayfair

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:42 pm

camera defunct will try and find a pic on google + upload

cheers al
Back to top Go down
Windrift

Number of posts : 1
Home City : auckland
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:25 pm

I had this problem with the warning lights not going off when the van is started. My van is a 1997 Hiace Regius. The info in this forum led me to check the lead to the alternator which was tight and OK. When i looked at the wiring harness from the back of the alternator I found that the loom had been chafing on part of the power brake gear just below the brake reservoir. I inspected the loom and found a white wire had been worn completely through and 2 others were showing bare copper as well. I spliced a repair into the broken white wire and then taped the loom up away from the power braking equipment. YAY...problem has disappeared...the warning lights are now better behaved and that annoying continuous beep has gone.
Back to top Go down
trevora999

Number of posts : 7
Home City : caerphilly
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom 2.4 td
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 1:39 pm

warning lights wont go off had new engine fitted any ideas
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Check all connections to alternator
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Thanks Mayfair. I have random lights and alarm going off sporadically when I start my beast, but a quick rev and they go out. It's not a constant thing but could be related to the alternator so I'll have a look like you suggested. Gosh I hope that drivers seat comes out easily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: warning lights wont go off when start van   warning lights wont go off when start van Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

warning lights wont go off when start van
Page 1 of 1