Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

noisey after beach run

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

noisey after beach run  Empty
PostSubject: noisey after beach run    noisey after beach run  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:11 am

I am at a loss , some weeks ago , I had my SC on the beach at Rainbow Beach . Despite having the underbody wash , I began to get a scraping/squeeling noise emiting from the front end .
This started on a late friday and I couldn't get in to my usual mechanic so I had a mobile fellow call and work on it . Some time later , he had cleaned sand out of some rubber seal and all was ok for a while . The noise was still there the next day and he came back and did it all again .
I managed to get the van into my usual spanner man for a SERVICE AND TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT and he remarked that there was a lot of sand still under the van ..so off to the underbody wash and heypresto noise gone only to come back the next day ...now I have had it over the wash 3 times and still the bloody noise has come back ....not happy jan ....has anyone any suggestions (polite ones now cos I'm sensitive )
cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: noisey after beach run    noisey after beach run  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:05 am

Hay Tezza you could have sand imbedded into your belts and pullys? I had this happen to me the first time on the beach, just get in there and give it a good clean with compressed air gun.

For the future you need to make up a front bash guard to stop the sand getting shoved up there, i made one up out of 2.5mm check plate alloy, it stop's 90% of sand. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: noisey after beach run    noisey after beach run  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 am

srburnsy wrote:
Hay Tezza you could have sand imbedded into your belts and pullys? I had this happen to me the first time on the beach, just get in there and give it a good clean with compressed air gun.

For the future you need to make up a front bash guard to stop the sand getting shoved up there, i made one up out of 2.5mm check plate alloy, it stop's 90% of sand. Very Happy

Thanks for the heads up , I am puting it up on a mates car carrier trailer so we can get under it and give it a good blast with air and then the gerney , so hopefully that will fix it . My son is a boilermaker so he will make me a plate to hopefully eliminate any future problems .
cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: noisey after beach run    noisey after beach run  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

noisey after beach run
Page 1 of 1