Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
technomateboy

Number of posts : 1
Home City : cardiff
Registration date : 2011-06-28

AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING Empty
PostSubject: AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING   AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:07 pm

I am looking to purchase a Hiace 2.8l 4wd and am told the vehicle I have my eye on will not select 4wd because it's "NOT POSSIBLE TO ENGAGE 4WD OR AIR CON UNTIL PULLEY IS REPLACED" I have little mechanical experience but am willing to get my hands dirty. is this a difficult job and what sort of money wold it cost to get it done. P.S if there are any good Hiace 3l out there that are for sale could forum members point me in the right direction. Thanks All in advance!
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Number of posts : 118
Home City : Liverpool Sydney
Model and year : 92 Toyota Hi-ace 4x4 Super custom non turbo
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING   AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 pm

im sure the 4wd has nothing to do with the engine especially the aircon lol

as for the pulley its in a B*&CH of a spot you will have to remove the fan, some belts and maybe even the top rad hose.

better to pay someone to do it lol
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING   AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 am

Er um the 4WD is either vac or electric switching the A/C is separate.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING   AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:53 pm

When not 'engaged' in air con mode isn't it the vaccuum pump though?....or am I wrong?...ie: where's the vacuum pump?
The 4wd switch opens an electronic solenoid vacuum gate...the vacuum then engages the 4wd.....
I'm pretty sure the aircon pump doubles as a vacuum pump..(guessing he's talking about the aisan hubs p/t 4wd) so the original poster would be right. I'd guess the price of a belt and 1 hrs labour tops.....but thats no guarantee it will work...things may need freeing off if not used for ages...
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING   AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:40 am

No the vac pump is separate - it's needed to run the brake servo.

Either on the front of the alternator, run off the timing belt of run off the camshaft as far as I'm aware that is all Toyota used.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING   AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 am

Ah...that makes sense.
I am pretty sure that on the old 2.8 it is combined though...memory says aircon pump (some major vac pipes coming from it) but maybe alternator then???.....
Shame that the toydiy site does'nt give us pics in the uk anymore.
THey are selling hiace alternators 'less vacuum pump' on ebay so ...... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING   AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:25 am

Again..on ebay..heres an alternator with vacuum pipe...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-hilux-surf-ln130-alternator-/260809601612?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb976b24c
Sure it would be easier to go out and look at mine monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING   AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AIRCON ADJUSTER PULLY MISSING
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: