Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shock part numbers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Number of posts : 118
Home City : Liverpool Sydney
Model and year : 92 Toyota Hi-ace 4x4 Super custom non turbo
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Hey guys

i need to know what shocks i have under my ride i think i may have blown one. anyone know if the stock ones are gas or oil filed

thanks in advanced
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Yeah i replaced my front shocks with the Pedders heavy duty 4wd ones and they work great. There were no probs with matching the correct ones. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:22 pm

you got the part numbers pedders here are shit and wont touch it
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 am

I will have a look for ya.
Back to top Go down
Scrotes
Not so new now
Not so new now
Scrotes

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Wellington. NZ.
Model and year : 1994 SC 3.0 TD 4WD. -most useful vehicle I've ever owned. Should have bought one years ago!
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 am

Hi Matt, I replaced mine back in March with a set of Monroe 4x4 Adventure shocks.

They're fantastic. You'll notice a huge improvement cornering/handling. I have a friend who runs a garage and does the work on my vehicle.
He said most factory shocks are only good for about 80,000k and then they're shot.

I'm also thinking about replacing all the rubber bushings on the suspension joints and sway bars with a set of nolathane replacements, but haven't looked into price etc at this stage.

I'll have a look for a part number on the shocks tomorrow and let you know.
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:11 am

cool

i need to replace all the bushes shocks springs etc need it all tightened up

we all like things tight lol and my van is anything but lol
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 2:48 am

Yeah had look but couldn't find the invoice or part numbers. I guess i could call em up cause they would have it on record. I had the rear sway bar bushes replaced with nolathane bushes but they couldn't find anything for the front ones? My standard rear shocks need replacing, not leaking yet but they don't perform very well with the extra stiff springs i got. Though not much point cause i'll be putting the standard springs back in soon when i sell. Sad
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:35 am

why you going to sell mate
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:21 am

Have Bought a 4x4 ute with tray and slide on camper. There are places i just can't go in the SC, need some serious ground clearance and real 4wd. Rolling Eyes
I'll be real sad to see her go, but just can't justify having 3 vehicles and the misses wont part with her Forester.Mad
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:22 am

Dont worry though i wont leave you guy behind... That is if you'll still have me?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Scrotes
Not so new now
Not so new now
Scrotes

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Wellington. NZ.
Model and year : 1994 SC 3.0 TD 4WD. -most useful vehicle I've ever owned. Should have bought one years ago!
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:55 am

Burnsey we'll still need to tap into all the SC tips and camping tricks you've picked up, and looking forward to seeing some good shots of the outback!

Matt, couldn't find a part number on the shocks, but here's a photo (still all new and shiney!). Any Monroe dealer should be able to sort out the size you need.
Cool

Shock part numbers Dsc04610
Back to top Go down
Cloughy

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2014-08-24

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 2:05 pm

What even my local.... Kmart?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shock part numbers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock part numbers   Shock part numbers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shock part numbers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Anything for sale or needed. (for the super custom blah blah) :: I need ...-
Jump to: