Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Engine Oil Poured into Power Steering Tank.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fang

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Engine Oil Poured into Power Steering Tank. Empty
PostSubject: Engine Oil Poured into Power Steering Tank.   Engine Oil Poured into Power Steering Tank. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:17 am

As the Headline says My Wife put the wrong oil in the wrong place while I was away . She put about 100ml of engine oil into the power steering pump and got a shock when of coarse it overflowed.
She realized her mistake and got some of it out, but not all. She then drove the Van for a few weeks before I got to hear about it. The steering oil is now a browny colour inside the tank.
So, should I slash my wrists, or dont worry about it, or change out the entire steeing oil??????
Thankyou for any professional advice.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Engine Oil Poured into Power Steering Tank. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Oil Poured into Power Steering Tank.   Engine Oil Poured into Power Steering Tank. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 am

No you should slash your wife's wrists! Laughing

I would think it's not too much to worry about in the short term, but i would definitely be flushing the system and replacing the fluid.
Back to top Go down

Engine Oil Poured into Power Steering Tank.
Page 1 of 1