Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3.0 TD Air Filter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mal_1200
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Jerilderie
Model and year : 1994 CS Limited
Registration date : 2010-11-18

3.0 TD Air Filter Empty
PostSubject: 3.0 TD Air Filter   3.0 TD Air Filter Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:39 am

G'day fellow appreciators of the SC, I have decided to give my SC an air filter element for its birthday, can any one tell me where I can get one in Australia, A Ryco Part number or similar please? I wait in eager anticipation, Also I still haven't managed to find the right ball joints, I recently paid $100 in freight to RE Autos in melbourne so they could send me the wrong ones and freight them back (all at my expense) I DO NOT RECOMMEND RE AUTOS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

3.0 TD Air Filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.0 TD Air Filter   3.0 TD Air Filter Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi Mal,

I just bought mine from a toyota dealer. They did not have it in stock so I had to wait. I investigated what else might fit but the proper filter has many more folds in it than any of the cheaper ones I looked at that I might have been able to adapt. The toyota number is . . . (runs out back door to look at packet) . . .

17801-67040

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
Mal_1200
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Jerilderie
Model and year : 1994 CS Limited
Registration date : 2010-11-18

3.0 TD Air Filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.0 TD Air Filter   3.0 TD Air Filter Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:44 am

Thanks Dave,

is yours a large cylindrical filter located behind the front wheel?

Mal.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

3.0 TD Air Filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.0 TD Air Filter   3.0 TD Air Filter Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:00 am

Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

3.0 TD Air Filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.0 TD Air Filter   3.0 TD Air Filter Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi Mal,

Yes , mine is the same. You might want to try srburnsy's suggestion with the unifilter. I used to have them on a couple of cars but with an occasional backfire (lpg related) I got sick of having to fix an oily blown apart airbox. On the SC they would probably be great and I might try it myself next time. I already have the filter oil as alll my off road bikes have unifilters. If you don't like getting oily hands just get the genuine toyota filter and tap it out occasionally. It will probably still flow much better than it looks. Flow bench tests of really stuffed looking paper element filters usually reveal they are still OK but you will replace it because it looks rooted and black.

Srburnsy, have you noticed any fuel consumption difference with the Unifilter?

Cheers, Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3.0 TD Air Filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.0 TD Air Filter   3.0 TD Air Filter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3.0 TD Air Filter
Page 1 of 1