Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LCD DASH

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Clockman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-13

LCD DASH Empty
PostSubject: LCD DASH   LCD DASH Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 8:07 pm

Hi all. Anyone know the company that repairs these units and converts them to MPH.Or can a later non lcd unit be fitted .?
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Number of posts : 200
Home City : Taunton, Somerset UK
Registration date : 2007-02-06

LCD DASH Empty
PostSubject: Re: LCD DASH   LCD DASH Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:46 pm

Converting it can be done by a speedo adapter which connects at the gearbox end and sits between the box and cable. Most import spares companies do them. Just make a note of the mileage when you fit it, then from this point on bear in mind that it will record in miles thereafter.
As for repairing the unit, haven't a clue. WHat seems to be the problem Question
Back to top Go down
Clockman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-13

LCD DASH Empty
PostSubject: Re: LCD DASH   LCD DASH Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi, Spud, All that is wrong is the odometer does not work ,I have since fitted a Micro Road Pilot which has a MPH speed reading and ODO, Very usefull bit of kit. Warns of speed cameras also, but of course I never speed in my bus or my Scooby as I am an angel of probity with a clean licence since 1960 to prove it .I stripped down the panel , but the LCD module is a vaccum sealed glass box and not in any way repairable that I can see. Looking to pick up a good used unit but no rush. Pissing about with this stuff keeps the old brain cells working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LCD DASH Empty
PostSubject: Re: LCD DASH   LCD DASH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LCD DASH
Page 1 of 1