Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

most kilometers or miles on SC

Go down 
+4
srburnsy
CustardCrazy
k4s
tamarack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

most kilometers or miles on SC Empty
PostSubject: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:54 pm

just wondering what people have on the old SC odometer. I'm just about to see the timing belt light go on (99798 km). If people could chime in here with the readings on their rig, that would be stupendous. The most I saw on a Hiace wagon was 334,000 km and that was on one for sale in Japan. Anyone got more?
Back to top Go down
k4s
Not so new now
Not so new now
k4s

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Taupo
Model and year : 93 5 speed 3.0 turbo
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:46 am

277,653 trouble free so far.KM
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 83
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:20 am

Only 192,000 km on my 1996 KZH106. Seems to have no mechanical problems except for the nut holding the steering wheel ; - ]
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:25 am

K4s: trouble free is nice to hear. may you have many more. Is that with 2 timing belt changes? Here in Canada Toyota put a van called the "Le Van." They all have petrol gasoline engines and most get up to 300,000 Km or more. So I'm thinking to take care of this diesel engine could possibly give more.
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:36 am

custard crazy: may you have many more as well. How much do you pull the trailer? my steering wheel is off center and I think my 'ace needs a front end alignment. What happen to the nut on your Hiaces steering wheel? Your about due for a second timing belt change...yes... no...?
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 am

Mine only has 160,000 but my dad just got rid of his 90 model 2.4 petrol hiace 480,000. Engine blew a head gasket because he forgot to put the radiator cap on when he was checking coolant Shocked It wasn't really worth fixing because of the amount of rust in the body.
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 83
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi Tamarack, The nut (nutcase or nutter) holding the steering wheel is just me, no real problem there.

Towing the trailer I only do about 2 or3 thousand kilometres per year at the moment - mostly during school holidays.

When I bought the van it had done 140,000 km and the timing belt had supposedly changed. For peace of mind I had it changed anyway. It turned out the old belt looked quite new so had already been done. Now I know I can get to 240000 km before it needs doing again. If the belt change liight comes on at 200,000km I will reset it and keep an eye on the miles.

I had to take my van back several times to get a decent wheel alignment as the way they left it (the first 2 times) it followed the camber of the road too much. My tyres now look like thy will last at least 40,000 km or more. Most of the wear was in the first couple of thousand km of bad wheel alignment and underinflation. When I got the van they came with 35psi in them but needed at least 45psi with the Yokohama HT tyres I've got. They are rated to 51psi max.
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 am

Srburnsy...that's amazing for you Dad to get that much out of a petrol engine. the engine is probably the same one Toyota puts in the "le Van". i suppose there are a few people out there with diesels who can tell us a bit more. I was reading that Hiaces ( don't know if they are SC) are used in Nigeria as commuter buses. If you drive 500 km a day that's 15000 a month...ect

CC...yes I've met some of the nutter blokes steering themselves sideways down the highway. If I was there, I'd have to have a sign taped to my dashboard that said "keep left!" which is what they do in Bermuda for tourists that rent cars. They are mostly American cars, but they drive on the left, because Bermuda was a Brit colony. good luck with the next 48,000 kms.

Back to top Go down
kjohnst

Number of posts : 3
Home City : perth
Registration date : 2011-06-27

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 am

Mine is an '88 and it only has around 220,000kms on the clock. It had lpg installed 3yrs ago and runs smoother on that than on petrol. The body is pretty much rust free and there isnt a mark or hole to be seen on any of the seats :-)
Back to top Go down
thompson

Number of posts : 2
Home City : lohja, finland
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Hello to all, I am a new member based in Finland. My 2006 Hiace 2.5 d-4d 9 seater bus has just gone over 603,000 km. No probs so far. I hope that puts you all at ease if you have just reached about 200,000km. Happy motoring.
Andy.
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:31 am

good maintenance thompson and welcome.That's a lot of travel in 5 years. Are you the original owner? If you break a million Toyota will give you a new one! (loud laughter!!!!)
Back to top Go down
thompson

Number of posts : 2
Home City : lohja, finland
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:13 pm

No, I am not the original owner. It was a taxi before I bought it. The previous owner had it serviced on average every 5 weeks. Just coming to the end of it,s second service book. It is running perfect, I have replaced the alternator and it will be getting new rear shocks on Monday. All electrics are perfect, even the automatic electric side door runs smoothly. Interior halogen roof lights, side window neons, curtains, double glazed tinted windows, rear passenger cabin AC, electric rear cabin heaters, coffee table, etc. etc. all perfect.
I may replace the engine, gear box and clutch in December (Genuine Toyota parts ofcourse) but Toyota say dont change anything unless it breaks. Oh, and by the way, new winter tyres and alloys ordered for the next two weeks.
Back to top Go down
cyfad
cyfad

Number of posts : 9
Home City : auckland nz
Model and year : 1996 Toyota Hiace Super Custom G 3.0 turbo full time 4wd manual
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:59 pm

I just had a customer come in in a 96 custom, 1kzte, 590,000km, no major engine work, same head, same injector pump, a credit to the owner for regular servicing
Back to top Go down
Tony7

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Sydney
Registration date : 2023-02-28

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 9:20 am

I know this is an old post, however I just joined the group. My 1994 Hiace Commuter diesel has 680000km on original engine. Owner before me owned it since new and bought a brand new Hiace. Drives great (usual crawl uphill), I use it as my campervan now.

Andonic and LH119V like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most kilometers or miles on SC   most kilometers or miles on SC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

most kilometers or miles on SC
Page 1 of 1