Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbie from New Zealand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Napier, NewZealand
Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Newbie from New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:27 am

Hi there all, have found the info here usefull so thought I'd join up. Ive had the dreaded 1kz cracked head and about to refit. Hoping it will be the last time I do it!
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 am

hi and welcome to the forum sorry to hear about the head problem hope you fix it soon
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Welcome from me as well. Many $'s for head ?
Back to top Go down
MNC
Been here a while
Been here a while
MNC

Number of posts : 120
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : 1997 SCG 3LDT KZH100G
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:03 am

Hey Ricardo,

Welcome to the forums from a fellow kiwi, theres a couple of us floating around on these forums.
Back to top Go down
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi and thanks! Head now replaced and no problems. I have been testing temps with an aftermarket temp gauge while towing my ski boat and it gets up to 110 degrees on long hills! I have added fluid to, and changed the fan fiscous coupling timing so it comes on earlier. Also added a huge oil cooler to take heat out of the auto trans fluid before it returns to the radiator in-tank cooler and removed plastic ducts to open up the front for more air to the vertical radiator. Not much else to do really to control heat! Incl old head pressure testing and paying for the new head to be fitted with the old vavles etc, cost about $1700 with myself doing the head removal/replacement .
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Yeah welcome ricardo, i too see high temps around 100 -110 degrees with mine. I haven't ever cracked the head but i'm worried if i don't fix this. I suspect my radiators could be partially blocked or my water pump is stuffed. I have to replace my radiators soon anyway cause they are both leaking so when i do this i will do water pump as well and report back.
Back to top Go down
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:24 am

Hi, your radiators might not be stuffed, one of mine was leaking also but only needed a new seal. I have had both radiators out (bottom one is a bit of fun as it sits under the A/C radiator which must be supported) and end tanks removed. They had only very minor build up. Make sure they do a good check on them and have them "rodded" to ensure they are free flowing. I have a new water pump also and with the other mods as mentioned, still hits 110 with my 1100kg boat in tow on hills. Short of replacing the main radiator with a higher performing unit, I can't think of much else to control temps. Let me know how the radiators look. Rich.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:44 am

Yeah my tanks are cracked unfortunately. Mad

Didn't realize you were towing a boat... mine still reaches 110 degrees without towing. Shocked

When i receive the new radiators i will be doing the job myself so will let you know how i get on.
Back to top Go down
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:15 pm

It's a good idea to do the viscous fan mod while everything is out too. Buzz me if you need any info. Rich.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:49 am

Cheers mate will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from New Zealand   Newbie from New Zealand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie from New Zealand
Page 1 of 1