Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exhaust

Go down 
+8
h20 gasser
wafoo
MNC
simongd
Clive
KIWI DAVE
chrisandhiace
petethepaint
12 posters
AuthorMessage
petethepaint

Number of posts : 16
Home City : Tunbridge Wells Great Britain
Model and year :
1996 Toyota Super Custom 3ltr turbo diesel
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:10 pm

The exhaust on my 1996 SC has finally given up the ghost,and it has only done 113.00miles! never mind.Anyone know where I can source a new one? Sad
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:02 pm

I just order mine from toyota...some go for stainless from places like powerflow...
Back to top Go down
petethepaint

Model and year :

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:11 pm

My Toyota main dealer says no as soon as you mention import
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Number of posts : 66
Home City : EASTBOURNE
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM 3.0LT TDI 4WD

Registration date : 2010-01-03

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: EXHAUST   Exhaust Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi Pete,

I just had mine replaced with a full stainless system including flexi pipe by Pwerflo Exhausts £300.00 inc Vat. Very nice job and as quiet as the original system, my MPG has now improved by around 5% seemingly because there are no baffles. I have a 2.5 inch pipe but knowing what I know now would probably go for 3inch and possibly get even better MPG gain.

Cheers Dave

Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:31 pm

The ironic thing is that a custom built stainless is cheaper and probably much better than Toyota.
Pete, your local main agent should be obliged to supply if you give him your chassis number...I'd make vague references to head office...or just try the next nearest agent.
Stainless would be the way to go if you are hanging onto it a few years....my experience with toyota is the paint and exhausts have been sitting on a shelf an awfully long time waiting to get bought ..the exhaust fabrication poor and not long lasting...the paint with 3 months before sell by date!
Back to top Go down
petethepaint

Model and year :

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks for your comments, I have managed a quote from local dealer,633.00 pounds Ouch. Ihave asked for a quote from stainless steel maker and I think this is the way to go, as I have no intension of getting rid of my bus,its too good.I can honestly say that apart from service,a set of tyres and some brake pads I have spent nothing on my bus in 5years and 70,000 miles. cheap motoring in my book. Kiwi Dave did you go to a powerflow depot? if so where? as I am not to far from you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi Pete,

just read my earlier post, should have said Longlife Exhausts, don't know why I put Powerflo scratch I went to Longlife near Bristol as I was there on holiday. The closest Longlife to you is either in Surrey or Kent, take a look at their website.

The branch I used was very good and the quality of the work was a1, the only thing is that the individual branches are all indepoendently run so I do not know what their work will be like.

Longlifes £300.00 inc vat was the best price I was quoted anywhere.

Good luck,

Dave

Back to top Go down
petethepaint

Model and year :

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:53 am

Hi Dave Thanks very much,I have a daughter in Bristol so I could visit her.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi Pete,

I would definitely recommend the Bristol branch (actually Berkeley just north of Bristol) I would also ask about a 3 inch pipe as I think this may give an even better MPG improvement.

They fitted 2.5 inch to mine and the MPG has gone form 500k per tank to 550k, so actually a 10% inprovement. Before the new exhaust was fitted I was consistently getting 500k now matter what the driving conditions were. They noise level with the new exhaust is virtually the same with the new exhaust and I would imagine the a 3 inch system would be no louder but I am sure they can advise.

If you do use them organise use their loan car and you can go a few miles down the road to Thornbury and get yourself a coffee while they are doing the work. They did not charge for the car, it is a bit of a wreck but gets you from A to B ok Laughing

Cheers Very Happy

Dave
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:08 am

They had an old Peugeot as their loan car is it still tha, that was when they were South of Thornbury so a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:42 pm

I paid £280 inc VAT for a stainless steel exhaust system from the flexible hose by the gearbox back from an independant steel fabricator.
Back to top Go down
MNC
Been here a while
Been here a while
MNC

Number of posts : 120
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : 1997 SCG 3LDT KZH100G
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 am

Hey Kiwi Dave,

Do you have any pics of your exhaust system? Ive just had a back section replaced with the standard diameter pipe from the back of the muffler rearward ie: from the back wheels to the rear bumper. Have you replaced the exhaust from the very front back?

cheers
Back to top Go down
wafoo
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : london, N22
Model and year : Lexus 1994 7 seats 3L Class MPV
Registration date : 2011-12-27

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Exhausted, new pipes LEZ   Exhaust Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:58 pm

Have just fitted a new tail ss pail pipe, supplied by Toyota dealer in Woodford N. London C/w gasket and bolts. £156.00 inc vat. Local garage fitted it for £22.00 Trouble ahead.... Low Emission Zone (LEZ) Under the EU regs. will have to fit a filter or pay £100/day to the government et all. Cost £2,400 and a long waiting list to fit. Its a soot filter so there it is. Happy new year... Wafoo
Back to top Go down
h20 gasser

Number of posts : 14
Home City : surrey bc canada
Model and year : 1991 SC 2,4td 2wd Running with HHO assist (less emissions/better economy)
Registration date : 2012-07-28

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:25 am

I read a lot of horror stories about head gascets blowing so a couple of years ago I decided to go for a 2,5 " SS exhaust system custom with flex pipe. better smog reading, little bit louder.$ C 500.00

As for the polution abatement we are holding our breath (no pun intended) but British Columbia usually follows California and changes will come sunny
I am running a hydrogen on demand system (HHO) there is a huge improvement in the crap that comes out of the tail pipe. i hope when the moment arrives that we have to make changes this type of system will pass.
and btw there is a 30% improvement in fuel economy sunny
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:19 am

your in my hood H20 gasser, where'd you get the custom pipe done? I'm also interested in the H2 stuff.
Back to top Go down
mybigbearbum
Not so new now
Not so new now
mybigbearbum

Number of posts : 22
Home City : Birmingham UK
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom Full Time 4WD 3.0D Turbo EFI Manual, VIN KZH106-1007174
Registration date : 2014-02-12

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 12:43 pm

Hello, I have just had a new custom ProFlow stainless steel exhaust fitted on my Super Custom 3.0D Turbo 4WD. It cost £430 including flex. It is 5cm (2") wide pipe and it goes into to quite large free flow boxes flared to 5.5cm. It now sounds very blowy when sitting in the drivers seat. It is a quieter in the passages seat. The exhaust when I had it was wider and quieter but fell apart. Would it be quieter with chamber boxes? When I took it back they said chamber boxes may loose it some power? How can I get it quieter and if possible less thirsty on the motorway? Anyone know what it may be?
Kind regards,
Craig
Back to top Go down
Dougal

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Ilkley, Yorkshire, UK
Model and year : 3.0L Turbo Grand Cabin Automatic 1996 (LWB)
Registration date : 2018-06-05

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust spec for 3.0L Turbo LWB Grand Cabin 1996   Exhaust Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 pm

The exhaust on our 3.0L Turbo LWB Grand Cabin has given up the ghost.
It looks like the custom exhaust route is the way to go, the only problem is that it has been modified and bodged so much we can't work out what it's supposed to look like.
-Does anyone know where we can get details on the correct system for the custom builder?
JT69, I know you've got the same van since we met-up last year in Tobermory, can you please help?
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 am

Hi here is a link
http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&fig=1603&part=1629067010

I use this for part numbers select your model then look through diagrams and part numbers takes a while to get used to but did in the end . There is an SS exhaust supplier in Huddersfield on Albert street have not used them yet but will when mine needs it as Toyota one will be near £1000 you should pay about £350 for SS one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust   Exhaust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust
Page 1 of 1