Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OBD scanners? DLC1?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
woody.skate.and.destroy
Not so new now
Not so new now
woody.skate.and.destroy

Number of posts : 22
Home City : Canberra, ACT
Model and year : 1998 SC KHZ-100 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Registration date : 2011-02-22

OBD scanners? DLC1? Empty
PostSubject: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:53 am

I own a 2WD 1998 3.0TD 1kz Hiace and I am interested in connecting a OBD-II scan tool to monitor stats from my smartphone.

(Like this for example http://www.dealextreme.com/p/elm327-bluetooth-obd-ii-wireless-transceiver-dongle-16921 )

I have found a diagnostic port under the glovebox on the passnger side of the vehicle and after some googling I learned that it appears to be something called a DLC1 connector. I have read on many website that all cars manufactured after 1997 will have an OBD-II port but I suspect that it may not apply to our Hiaces considering that they are imported.

Does anybody know if there is an OBD-II port somewhere in the car? Or is there an adapter of some kind that will let me connect an OBD scanner to the DLC1 connector?

Thank you in advance for any guidance.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:10 am

try this i am waiting on delivery will let you know if it works

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320575708025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
woody.skate.and.destroy
Not so new now
Not so new now
woody.skate.and.destroy

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:19 am

Interesting. Thanks for posting the link. I'm looking forward to hearing if it works for you.

I really like the idea of being able to see and log the sensor and gauge data on my phone. I'm hoping to be able to use this https://market.android.com/details?id=org.prowl.torque app on my android phone to do it.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:41 am

hope it works for you i'm going to try the toyota techstream (the one the dealers use) i got a copy from russia so far it seems to work ie. it loads and asks me to connect to the car so heres hoping'
Back to top Go down
woody.skate.and.destroy
Not so new now
Not so new now
woody.skate.and.destroy

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:27 am

I've looked into it a little further and the software I am hoping to use requires that the car is OBD-II complaint (Not OBD1). That cable gives a OBD-II connector but I am hesitant to fork out the cash for a bluetooth adapter unless I know that I can read OBD-II codes from the diagnostics port. I read something here in a fault codes thread that listed both OBD-II and OBD-I fault codes. If anybody can shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Ruffnut, If you get your software to work could you please let me know if you are reading OBD-II codes from the cable?
Back to top Go down
woody.skate.and.destroy
Not so new now
Not so new now
woody.skate.and.destroy

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 am

To clarify; by "that cable" I mean't the one from the ebay link. I should have worded it bettter... my bad
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:47 am

yeah no problems it should be here in the next couple of days
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Cool Cool I want one if it works!
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:05 am

will keep you up to date
Back to top Go down
woody.skate.and.destroy
Not so new now
Not so new now
woody.skate.and.destroy

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:06 am

So I received both my cable and bluetooth OBD-II adapter. The nothing happens at all when I connect the adapter. Cannot discover it with my phone. LED's do no light up on the adapter. It's a little disappointing but oh well. The cable may still work if connected to a laptop that has the appropriate software. Have you had any luck Ruffnut?
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:21 am

His works but mine doesn't Sad  The lights come on the OBD2 cable but the cable to the OBD plug in vehicle won't play the game... Most frustrating..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBD scanners? DLC1?   OBD scanners? DLC1? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OBD scanners? DLC1?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Electrical :: Sparky Lives Ere-
Jump to: