Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Central locking keeps activating while driving

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter Rainbow

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Adelaide, Australia
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Central locking  keeps activating while driving Empty
PostSubject: Central locking keeps activating while driving   Central locking  keeps activating while driving Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:21 am

Am having issues with what I think is the central locking (or possibly the sliding door closer/lock) which for some reason is continually activating once the car reaches 25 kms/h. I.e. whereas before it used ot just lock once it sounds like every few seconds the lock is trying to activate again. The noise is annoying and I'm worried that soemthing will burn out or break if this contiunues. Any ideas on what coudl be wrong and how I could fix it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Central locking keeps activating while driving   Central locking  keeps activating while driving Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:57 am

have you checked the slide door contacts they could be dirty or be actvated by a small bit of metal stuck on one of the contacts. also and not trying to be funny but are you resting your arm on the lock button on the drivers arm rest?
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Number of posts : 66
Home City : EASTBOURNE
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM 3.0LT TDI 4WD

Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Central locking keeps activating while driving   Central locking  keeps activating while driving Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi Pete,

I had the same issue with mine and tracked it back to the contacts on the door, they were a bit dull looking so I cleaned the up with a smooth wet and dry paper and Bobs you uncle, fixed Very Happy

Cheers,

Dave

Ps, my tellies been down for a few days, you can't tell me whats happening in the cricket can you? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Peter Rainbow

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Adelaide, Australia
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Central locking keeps activating while driving   Central locking  keeps activating while driving Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks guys. Pulled a few things apart in the drivers side door and put them back together again. Nothing was obvious but it seems to have fixed it for now, so yes it sounds like a dirty contact somewhere.

P.S. Sorry Dave not sure myself re the cricket
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Central locking keeps activating while driving   Central locking  keeps activating while driving Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 am

Glad you got it sorted mate

Quote :
Ps, my tellies been down for a few days, you can't tell me whats happening in the cricket can you?

Cheeky affraid Raining
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central locking keeps activating while driving   Central locking  keeps activating while driving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Central locking keeps activating while driving
Page 1 of 1