Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Number of posts : 66
Home City : EASTBOURNE
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM 3.0LT TDI 4WD

Registration date : 2010-01-03

DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU Empty
PostSubject: DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU   DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi Dandy,

you may have seen from other posts that I am trying to track down a replacement windscreen for my 1995 SC. The screen that is currently fitted has a 50mm black border around the edge which supposedly hides the glue that is used to bond the screen in place. However I am sure that have noticed on other vans similar to yours with the raised roof that they do not have this black border???

Am I right or just dreaming?? and if there is no border on yours how is it held in, bonded??? or like the U.K Hiace "Compact" which is held in place with a rubber gasket and does not require the black border as it is not bonded in??

Regards,

Dave

Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU   DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi Dave - the screen in mine isn't bonded - the rubber keeps it in place. I haven't removed the front screen but I've removed the rear one to tint it (unsuccessfully) The rubber is double lipped and keeps the glass in place

Alan
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

PostSubject: Re: DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU   DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Alan,

thanks for your response, the thing I can't figure out is that some of the SC's have the rubber seal and others like mine are boned and mine and yours are from the same year of manufacture.

The good news for you is that if you ever need to replace yours a U.K Hiace "Compact" screen will fit at £100.00 fitted Very Happy where as mine will be £450.00 No

Oh well thems the breaks!!

Ps, really like the plumbing on your van, someone has made a great job of bolting on that turbo!!

Regards,

Dave
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU   DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Yep, its a neat job - I had it overhauled because some idiot plumbed the engine breather the wrong way forgetting the intake was now blown and dirty oil was getting to the turbo bearinigs from the oil drain tube!
All sorted now though - happy chappy, makes a huge improvement over stock.
It's a basic non coolant cooled turbo, so I fitted a turbo timer to it to keep the engine running for up to a minute after shutdown to give the turbine an easier time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

PostSubject: Re: DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU   DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:22 pm

Alan,

now you're just showing off Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU   DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DANDYWARHOL, A QUESTION FOR YOU
Page 1 of 1