Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New paint job.

Go down 
+3
mattyj
ruffnut
dandywarhol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:00 pm

We're having a bit of snow here in Edinburgh - this is just a couple of miles from city centre Shocked Like the new colour scheme? The grille is just cleaned back with thinners to reveal the bling! I was never that taken by the gold/beige...........Still got to cut back the white with some tee cut.............

New paint job. 192

New paint job. 189

New paint job. AE465
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:50 pm

much better i like the colour scheme
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Number of posts : 118
Home City : Liverpool Sydney
Model and year : 92 Toyota Hi-ace 4x4 Super custom non turbo
Registration date : 2010-08-05

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Nice

i like your side mirrors

can all the grills clean up like that cause i would like to do that to mine too
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Don't know about all of them but take it off (awkward little lower clips break easily) and the one on mine is just chromey plastic in behind. It took a bit of patience with a thinners rag but I'm pleased with the end result Very Happy

Last edited by dandywarhol on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:46 am

Look good mate. Grill came up well
Back to top Go down
crp47

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Jersey Channel Islands
Registration date : 2010-12-08

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Nice! I like the green. Where did you get the side awning from? I want on I want one. Regards CLIVE.
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:40 pm

crp47 wrote:
Nice! I like the green. Where did you get the side awning from? I want on I want one. Regards CLIVE.

Came with the 'van Clive - it's an Omnistor 4000
Back to top Go down
crp47

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks Dandy wotsit, I have just bought a HiAce panel van which I am converting myself. I have done the insulation and have put windows in the front sides (if that makes sense) and back doors and am now starting on the interior. Great fun project. Regards CLIVE in sunny Jersey.
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:31 am

You could pickup a Fiamma Caravanstore on Evilbay - just fit a caravan awning rail to the roof..............
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Good resource for self builds if you route about over here
http://sbmcc.co.uk/forum/
Back to top Go down
crp47

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks for that link. I will give it some serious viewing. Smile
Back to top Go down
mjphiace
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 43
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 4WD LWB 2.8 Auto High Top Camper 1994
LH129V-ERPDS
Registration date : 2010-04-07

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Your van looks great. I have one very similar (to your original colour scheme) but it is getting a bit faded and I am thinking of giving it a bit of make-over so have a few questions if you don't mind.

Have you had a re-spray? I Had a ball-park quote earlier today of around £1500, although that is also to repair a few bits of rust around the windows. He also said he could do just the rust spots for a few hundred pounds each. Where did you get the new transfer/sticker from around the base; or is it painted on? It is a much more attractive colour. How did you re-colour the bumpers?

What is that I see about a mitsubishi turbo? Is that connected to the original 2.8 engine or a compete turbo'd engine exchange?

Sorry if its a bit of an interrogation!
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:59 pm

No probs with the interrogation - thanks for the comments............

Just a lower respray - Peugeot colour - looks lovely in the sunshine Very Happy

Don't understand the transfer bit Neutral I just put on a black coachline between the colours last week - finishes it off nicely. Bumpers primed with etching primer and painted with the same stuff.

It's got an aftermarket Mitsubishi turbo kit added to the standard 2.8 3L engine - info & pics here, page 3
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t988p30-newbie-mnc-updated-06-12-2010#9621
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New paint job. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New paint job.   New paint job. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New paint job.
Page 1 of 1