Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heater problem

Go down 
+6
Clive
AussieQ
ruffnut
simongd
chrisandhiace
hathan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
niium

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Newcastle Australia
Model and year : 1999 3L Turbo Diesel KD-KZH100G-MRPGT 2WD
Registration date : 2014-04-07

Heater problem - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater problem   Heater problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:23 am

Hi there. I have no heat at all in the front and rear floor heaters in my 99 3L turbo diesel super custom 1KZ-TE engine. I've tried most of the things mentioned in this thread but still no solution.

Simple question: what propels the fluid into the pipes leading to the matrix (assuming this is the heat exchange behind the dash). I have confirmed valve is open wide, flushed those lines (lots of brown water did come out for ages), and also confirmed that when flushing into the pipe between the matrix and valve water comes out the radiator fill point. But when the engine is running and I have the pipe disconnected from the open valve, virtually no water comes out of either end - an initial trickle but then nothing at all. Is there any exchange or other valving in the system?

It seems strange that insufficient warm water reaches the lower rear heater too. Both heaters are dead cold. Could the water pump be working weakly perhaps? No apparent problems with overheating. The temp gauge sits stable at about half constantly.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
Cheers, Owen.
Back to top Go down
wazza61

Number of posts : 17
Home City : South West Rocks NSW Australia
Model and year : 1996 KZH100 Super Custom 2WD Auto. !KZ-TE 3.0L Turbo Diesel.
Registration date : 2013-06-03

Heater problem - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heater problem   Heater problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Our '98 Super Custom had a cracked head. I got it replaced but now the climate control air conditioning will only cool. It doesn't heat at all. I took it back to the mechanic but he couldn't find anything. He suggested I check the fuses which I did. Couldn't find anything. Looks like I'm on my own. Any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Heater problem
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2