Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear coil spring specs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
topsy

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Bellingen
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Rear coil spring specs Empty
PostSubject: Rear coil spring specs   Rear coil spring specs Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:50 am

Hi all,
I am hoping that someone can give me the specs for the rear coil springs from a 95 model 3 litre diesel so I can have some new ones made, or let me know of a compatible spring from a different model hiace (if one exists).
Thanks
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Rear coil spring specs   Rear coil spring specs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:54 am

I had mine done with heavy duty ones, i had them made specially. I don't know the spec's though. Mine is for 4wd SC. What is yours? 2 or 4wd?
Back to top Go down
topsy

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Bellingen
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Rear coil spring specs   Rear coil spring specs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:12 am

Mine is 2wd. I have had a tow bar fitted and regularly carry heavy loads. It seems to sit quite low at the back even when it is not loaded. My mechanic has told me that when new custom springs are made they are usually around 30 percent stiffer (maybe he meant heavy duty). The process involves measuring the old ones and then making the new ones and costs around twice as much as buying standard springs (when available). Since they don't seem to be available as a standard part it looks like the only option for me is custom. I was hoping to find someone who has been through the process and has the measurements. That would change the job from 2 or 3 days off the road to half a day. I will post whatever references I have when the job is done.
Thanks for your reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear coil spring specs   Rear coil spring specs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear coil spring specs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: