Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steering wheel hub/boss

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
djhumpty
Not so new now
Not so new now
djhumpty

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Rosebud Australia
Model and year : 1994 super custom limited edition AWD
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Steering wheel hub/boss Empty
PostSubject: Steering wheel hub/boss   Steering wheel hub/boss Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:04 am

Ok heres what happened, i purchased a Momo steering wheel and boss kit, the boss/hub fits but the horn witing will not adapt. I have a 94 sc, no air bag or stereo controls so thought this would be easy,,,,not so.

When i removed the original wheel, the horn pad was plugged int a swivel mechanisam that had to be removed from the column to fit the new boss, has anyone experienced this.... please let me know scratch
Back to top Go down
MNC
Been here a while
Been here a while
MNC

Number of posts : 120
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : 1997 SCG 3LDT KZH100G
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Steering wheel hub/boss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel hub/boss   Steering wheel hub/boss Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:53 pm

djhumpty wrote:
Ok heres what happened, i purchased a Momo steering wheel and boss kit, the boss/hub fits but the horn witing will not adapt. I have a 94 sc, no air bag or stereo controls so thought this would be easy,,,,not so.

When i removed the original wheel, the horn pad was plugged int a swivel mechanisam that had to be removed from the column to fit the new boss, has anyone experienced this.... please let me know scratch

Hi there, yes i did exactly the same thing, SC boss kits are different to standard hiace kits because of the horn which you and me have found out. No luck for me yet finding a boss kit but still looking for a supplier. the only SC's that ive seen with aftermarket wheels are imported ones with them already on. im in nz so suppliers are very slim if any but if i was you id enquire through JMS who ive seen on the web that import heaps of stuff and seem on to it enough to understand our needs lol.
Back to top Go down

Steering wheel hub/boss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Anything for sale or needed. (for the super custom blah blah) :: I need ...-
Jump to: