Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
gg66

Number of posts : 6
Home City : na
Registration date : 2012-05-16

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:39 pm

Not sure if this is an old thread or not..

I'm looking for a manual for the 3L engine also

I have a 1992 2.8 Hiace Cruising Cabin (high roof)

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 837
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:32 pm

If you can't find one you could do worse than buy a Haynes manual for a Toyota with the same engine from the same period, they are usually pretty detailed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gg66

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:12 pm

GPW wrote:
If you can't find one you could do worse than buy a Haynes manual for a Toyota with the same engine from the same period, they are usually pretty detailed.

Thanks, I didn't think they'd be available.
So many dodgy PDF download sites online too, I never knew this was a thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:14 pm

gg66 wrote:
GPW wrote:

Thanks, I didn't think they'd be available.
So many dodgy PDF download sites online too, I never knew this was a thing

I regard all PDF download sites as fraudulent ransomware, including Scribd. They hide a lot of material they have no copyright to behind their paywalls and sell access for money.
I'm always puzzled why the manufacturers don't simply publish it themselves, I can't see what they would lose and their old cars would become safer and more reliable for it.

I think you can still get the Haynes manuals online. The only thing I hate about them is the paper quality, horrible to touch even with gloves on - but the information is good!!

https://haynes.com/en-gb/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gg66

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Couldn't find the Haynes manual online .I did find this https://www.toyota-tech.eu/ which charges for a few pages at a time based on a time on website. Would take forever to download the full manual.

A couple of the links above gave me zip files and will work through these and see if they're what I need. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Oh, I thought you could buy them all direct from Haynes - they had prices and everything.
Is it just a reduced range online?

Perhaps some are out of print. Lots of Toyotas used that engine though, they'll be a Haynes somewhere that will cover it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:29 pm

What about these (you'll have to check they use the 2.8 engine!

https://haynes.com/en-gb/search?query=1992%20Toyota%20Land%20Cruiser
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gg66

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 pm

I think the Hilux 3l engine is very similar. I'm going to read over the PDFs I got and see if they're useful. Later in the winter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:48 am

Yes I'm sure the engine is the same, perhaps the odd ancillary is different and some of the engine may be a slightly different tuning spec (cam profile or something).

Engines are very expensive to develop so like all makers Toyota shares engines, gearboxes and diffs around their vehicles, the 3 litre Supra has the same gearbox as my Hiace - possibly with a different set of ratios but likely not even that.

Certainly the 1kz-te as used in the Hilux etc looks identical so I think your 2.8 would be the same too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual   

Back to top Go down

2.4 & 2.8 ltr Diesel Engines 2L & 3L Workshop Manual
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5