Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Tail Lamps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
djhumpty
Not so new now
Not so new now
djhumpty

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Rosebud Australia
Model and year : 1994 super custom limited edition AWD
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Rear Tail Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Rear Tail Lamps   Rear Tail Lamps Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi,
i have a 94 sc 4wd limited, i have been informed that the rear tail/stop lamps in the bar are the only ones working, so i removed the rear tailamp to find that the wires had been cut. I plan to rejoin them but am curiouse to why they have been cut, seems crazy to me.....any ideas or tips. Many thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Rear Tail Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Tail Lamps   Rear Tail Lamps Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:05 pm

they are easy to rejoin and if they are the original fittings they will be T10 globes sounds like the previous owner did not like the lights when you reconect them make sure that you check that there is no short curcuit this could also be the reason that they were disconected Very Happy
Back to top Go down
djhumpty
Not so new now
Not so new now
djhumpty

Number of posts : 23
Home City : Rosebud Australia
Model and year : 1994 super custom limited edition AWD
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Rear Tail Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Tail Lamps   Rear Tail Lamps Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks for the info, seems unusual that some of these have stop/tail lamps mounted in the rear bar, i was wondering if they were a factory fitted item or if they were fitted to comply with Aussie regulations. The tail lamps in my SC are genuine Toyota ones but are tinted from new (dark colour). Any one else came across this before. any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply ruffnut, i have checked out the wiring and there are no faulty connections, in fact they have patched into the original tail lamp wiring to service the lamps in the bar, i assume there are lights in the tailgate garnish as well.....very strange Shocked
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Rear Tail Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Tail Lamps   Rear Tail Lamps Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:04 am

there are lights in the garnish just stop tail lights again T10 the lights in the bar i would guess could have been the previous owner doing a bit of custom work to the custom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear Tail Lamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Tail Lamps   Rear Tail Lamps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Tail Lamps
Page 1 of 1