Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rear brake conversion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

rear brake conversion Empty
PostSubject: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:46 pm

hi all has anyone done a rear brake conversion from drums to disc if so what is involved?
thanks guys and gals Very Happy
dave
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Something I have thought about and put in the "one day bin"
Back to top Go down
mxmarty
Not so new now
Not so new now
mxmarty

Number of posts : 50
Home City : perth wa
Model and year : 1995 super custom ltd 2jzgte 3.0 petrol turbo
over 400 rwhp
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:53 pm

check toymods , lots of hilux diff's ( which are the same drums ) get converted to ma70 rear disc's i think ..

Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

Number of posts : 189
Home City : Springside ~~~ QLD.~~AUSTRALIA
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM HIACE 2000 AWD
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:01 am

Shocked OK please tell me more i have just replaced pads and shoes the brakes are OK! but not jump out of the box i thought maybe there is a larger rear wheel cylinder or should i just get a better rope and anchor?? affraid
Merv <(* - *)>
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 am

OK i am in where do we go from here ~~~~~~~~~I haven't found where i can buy the kit we must have the handbrake!!
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:13 pm

OK! i have sent out loads of Emails so see what comes back?? And Mxmarty with the MA70 is the only one i have found that has the handbrake so who do we know that can help with this mod! I will measure the hole in the center of the rear hub on the weekend!
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 pm

i'll be interested in the results as i have thought about doing it but was unable to find any onfo on doing it
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:31 am

Hello Dave well only got one email back and they want to know if we have 2 wheel or four wheel drive so i have just sent some info back to them !! does the 2 wheel drive SC have the same diff as the 4x4 or awd??
Dave i found some good info on toymods.com and found a importer today that has the parts so as yet that is all i know~~ i did find kits on the web but no handbrake they did say you would have to put the handbrake on the drive shaft well from the one's where i work with the brake on the drive shaft what can i say they are "S###"?? I went to the Toyota club and they go back to the one on toymods when i can i will go see a brake place in Toowoomba they will know??
Merv~~
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:36 am

Dave i just went to toymods.com and what they have there is no good to us thye have 5 studs and we have 6 maybe we could just knock one stud out??????????????????????????????????? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:20 pm

DAVE well there has not been much info as yet the only thing i have been told i should change the front callipers to two cylinder before i do anything because the front does most of the work i will go see PRB very soon !!
Merv~~~
Back to top Go down
mxmarty
Not so new now
Not so new now
mxmarty

Number of posts : 50
Home City : perth wa
Model and year : 1995 super custom ltd 2jzgte 3.0 petrol turbo
over 400 rwhp
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:09 am

u can re-drill axles, or brake discs to suit 5 stud , to 6 stud

no need to change axles , just get disc's redrilled to 6 stud

read this

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=18913

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=2766&highlight=hilux+rear+brakes
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:21 am

Well as yet i have not found any help with this but did find this
www.outerlimits4x4.com/viewtopic.phprf=8&t=216754
hope i got it all i can see DAVIES BROS PRODUCTIONS on the calliper bracket but can't pull them off the web when i have more time i will join them and get onto the bloke with the photo's ~~the callipers look to me to be Subaru i just rebuilt a 94 wagon 4x4 ( for my daughter then she didn't want it??) and the callipers have the handbrake so could be the same ! Don't know about this 5 stud to 6 stud i will do one later in the week but i am sure you couldn't do that and have all those stud holes in the disc i think that would be a no no!! If those brackets can be bought there would be no trouble then i have all the gear to build these but then they would have to be passed "G" i don't know just why there are no kits around or am i looking in the wrong place?? When the job was done would be no trouble to get them passed i used to build VW into buggies and i was the only one that had permission to build using the cut down steel guards and i never had any trouble to get a VW on the road but that was then and this is now??
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 am

Well i didn't get any help from Australia at all but did find the KIT in USA for 275$ have been told can't be done here has to be standard no mods?? Hey who know's about this load control thingie i did read if you adjust the thing will give more brakes at the rear??
Merv~~~~~~~~`
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rear brake conversion   rear brake conversion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rear brake conversion
Page 1 of 1