Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cooling system

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Number of posts : 118
Home City : Liverpool Sydney
Model and year : 92 Toyota Hi-ace 4x4 Super custom non turbo
Registration date : 2010-08-05

cooling system Empty
PostSubject: cooling system   cooling system Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:57 pm

hey all

i had the van overheat yesterday badly and it was only heating up when the aircon was on i have also noticed that if i fill it with water while the motor is running then let it cool down it seems to be empty again

there is no water in the oil and from what i can tell there is no oil in the coolent so where is it going

anyway i have decided to flush the cooling system as its brown but i am unsure of how to do it on one of these.

any help with the flush or has anyone else had the same over heating problem only when the aircon is on

here is a pic of the coolent filler is the top the cold water from the rad or is it hot into the rad just want to know where to put the hose to flush the whole system

cooling system P15-1010

also does the coolant flow to the air con and heater
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

cooling system Empty
PostSubject: Re: cooling system   cooling system Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:47 am

Hi , check condenser fan is running when air con is on.
Check it runs when temp gets up to half way
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

cooling system Empty
PostSubject: Re: cooling system   cooling system Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:17 am

the twin fans on the bottom rad work

i think the vis fan dont work right it seems to go the same speed at startup as when it gets hot

i got 2 12" racing fans i might have to put them on one in the front and one behind the rad
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

cooling system Empty
PostSubject: Re: cooling system   cooling system Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Flush out with citric acid - many write ups on the www.

However coolant loss with no leaks aften indicated a head or if you are lucky a head gasket failure. The coolant seeps through a crack(s) into the combustion chanbers and is burnt off and out through the exhaust. A good sign is white smoke on start up.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

cooling system Empty
PostSubject: Re: cooling system   cooling system Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:06 pm

After you flush make sure you have all the heaters turned on and fully open so you don't get any airlocks, I think Clive is right water just doesn't disappear.
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

cooling system Empty
PostSubject: Re: cooling system   cooling system Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 am

The water in my SC was forced out through the expansion tank and out of the overflow. I give away that is is happening if the expansion bottle will be clean where the water washes the outside of it.
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

cooling system Empty
PostSubject: Re: cooling system   cooling system Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:10 pm

expansion tank it still half way so it must be sucking it into the pistons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cooling system Empty
PostSubject: Re: cooling system   cooling system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cooling system
Page 1 of 1