Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sticky clutch pedal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
redcore4
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Manchester
Model and year : super custom 2.4TD manual - 1992
Registration date : 2010-05-08

sticky clutch pedal Empty
PostSubject: sticky clutch pedal   sticky clutch pedal Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Drove my van for about 100 miles this afternoon coming back from a camping trip. When I got back, my clutch pedal started sticking in the down position. I have to lever it back up with my foot in order to use it. This doesn't happen on every gear change, just one or two in every four or five changes. Any ideas what i can do about it?
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: sticky clutch pedal   sticky clutch pedal Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 am

If its a hydraulic clutch I'd be considering hydraulics...maybe the slave cylinder.
Seal kits should be available 'if' thats the problem....
Another... (if its cable operated) is a stretched cable....if there's no way of adjusting - a shim can be made with some thought...untill cable is replaced.
Other than that....clutch return springs or dunno......
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: sticky clutch pedal   sticky clutch pedal Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Pedal has a spring to return it, give it a spray of WD40 or something like that and see if that helps.
If not I'd suspect the master cylinder piston. seal set easy to get and do but a real pain to get at it!
Back to top Go down
redcore4
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Manchester
Model and year : super custom 2.4TD manual - 1992
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: sticky clutch pedal   sticky clutch pedal Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:54 pm

a spray of WD40 seems to have partially solved the problem - now it's only sticking every tenth time or so.. suspect another squirt will do it. cheers!
plus i think it's a cable clutch, not hydraulic.
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
entwistlea

Number of posts : 324
Home City : Sandhurst, UK
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom Ltd. 3.0 TDI EFI
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: sticky clutch pedal   sticky clutch pedal Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:50 am

might want to give the piston a clean, if you can get around the rubber boot even better, grease and crud on the piston may not be helping, same around the pedal pivot, where they are greased, grit and dust collects and starts to cause problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.hpi.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sticky clutch pedal   sticky clutch pedal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sticky clutch pedal
Page 1 of 1