Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Battery controller

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
margrae
Not so new now
Not so new now
margrae

Number of posts : 29
Home City : Newcastleton, scottish Borders
Model and year : Super Custom Ltd, LWB 2001

Super Custom LWB 2001
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Battery controller Empty
PostSubject: Battery controller   Battery controller Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 9:52 pm

Can anyone help, I have a Multi battery controller unit fitted (came already installed in van) This van has a 12V system for fridge lights etc. When I connected a DVD player it worked for 5mins and then went onto low battery. Is there something wrong with the charging of the leisure battery ?.
Also what do I have to do to convert the hook-up which is 2 round pin to use here in the UK.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Battery controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery controller   Battery controller Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:23 pm

think spudguns yer man he`s the leccy wiv da know how Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Number of posts : 200
Home City : Taunton, Somerset UK
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Battery controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery controller   Battery controller Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:36 pm

Hello, will give you some pointers soon ( just got back from France, so not being ignorant!). Have done all this to mine, so will be able to point you in the right direction. Smile
Back to top Go down
margrae
Not so new now
Not so new now
margrae

Super Custom LWB 2001

Battery controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery controller   Battery controller Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi

Update.........brother fitted a new leisure battery but it doesnt seem to charge. has some splitter device fitted.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to France.........thinking of doing that next year. How did you organise your trip ? Living in Scotland so have a bit more travelling to do before trying it.

Thanks
Margaret
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Battery controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery controller   Battery controller Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:40 pm

Hello, sorry it has been a while that ive been away from here what with medical treatment and moving house(wouldn't think I could do both in a short space of time).

Loose the factory split charger, it's crap and will only pass very small amperage to the leisure battery.
Seriously think about a good capacity split charge relay or a smart charger like I used. Connection is simple if ya use a voltage sensitive unit, but do not do the same mistake as ive seentoo often by using inferior wire. Get yourself some good quality cable able to carry about 100a, this ensures that the resistance in the wire is minimal. Less resistance, more power to your leisure battery.

Planning France was easy really, no sites were booked going down till we got close to the med area, then you do have to research your stops. Most of the time, municipal sites were used, but the trick is to make sure that you are on them b4 12.00pm to guaranty a pitch. Also carefull on the fuel as petrol stations are few and far between (see my earlier post on fuel eco and you will see what I mean Exclamation ). If anything, pick up and Alan Rogers France Guide on Campsite, which is where we picked up all the ideas to where we stopped (also visit www.alanrogers.com).
Best places were in land as there are more vineyards!!!! We hardly cooked in the van as the average mealand a litre of wine works out to be 18-22 euros (roughly £16.00) which for all that wine and 2 courses I think is a good crack. If children are involved then you do need to be looking at the coastal areas, but things generally are a little more expensive.
Would I do it again............ no question.....YES as ive done so for the last 4 years afro
P.s total miles covered 2700, cost of holiday for 2 and bring shed loads of wine back (including fuel and campsites) £1200.
Back to top Go down
margrae
Not so new now
Not so new now
margrae

Super Custom LWB 2001

Battery controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery controller   Battery controller Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply, will try what you suggest. Thanks also for your info on France, hope you are recovered from your medical treatment.

Margaret
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Battery controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery controller   Battery controller Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:36 pm

Anything you need, don't hesitate to get hold of me (that applies to all that are camper minded!!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alltorque

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-23

Battery controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery controller   Battery controller Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 10:01 am

I'm not joking - Nick (Spud_Gun) knows absolutely EVERYTHING about these vans. He is a guru! king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battery controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery controller   Battery controller Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battery controller
Page 1 of 1