Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boooooooooooost!

Go down 
+2
srburnsy
VOZZA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:11 am

Everybody should go and do this mod.....NOW. Just picked up the van from Autosport Engineering at Kirawee, don't bother doing it yourself coz it's a major pain to get to the actuator. Now running 14 psi using a $30 Turbotech bleed valve manual boost controler plus $80 to fit it. Boosts quicker and feels more lively. Got them to run the hose to the passenger side of the engine bay so I don't have to remove the drivers seat everytime I want to play with it and I'll be tempted to give it more just want be safe so that means dump pipe/full exhaust (read $$$$) and an exhaust temp gauge. Will post some pics soon, in the mean time everyone get on ebay and get a boost gauge and bleed valve, you can thank me later.

Last edited by VOZZA on Mon May 24, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:33 am

Yeah have already ordered mine on ebay! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:53 am

I will be installing boost gauge and water temp gauge first as soon as i get the chance. Hay Vozza you sound pretty happy with the the result, cant wait to do mine now! bounce I know it's going to be a pain to do myself but still prefer that option, and yes i was thinking about running it over to the other side like you got them to do. cheers
Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Skinned knuckles and lots of swearing involved. Can't wait to drive it tomorrow coz i just drove 5 mins home today.
Back to top Go down
hathan
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 52
Home City : birmingham
Model and year : 1994 Hiace Super Custom
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:45 pm

which van is that boost valve recommended for 3.0 td or the 2.4.....as i hava a 1994 3.0td fast machine but speed is never enough.....
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:32 am

Any turbo engine can have it, the one Vozza has installed on is the 3.0td 1KZ engine. I will also be doing this mod as soon as i get some time! Best to start with a boost gauge and see what your standard boost is, should be around 9psi i think? I will also be installing an engine temperature watchdog to make sure i don't cook it! affraid I think every car should have one anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Had some time on the weekend to finally install my boost controller... bit of a mission getting on to the little hose from the turbo and actuator but job done! cheers

In standard form it was running at 11psi according to my gauge. It's now running at 13psi. Will play around with it during the week and report back. So far feel's good!
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Mine gets up to 10 but is up and down like a yoyo. Stays up with a bootfull but drops quickly,. 
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErcGtCRpwKM&feature=player_embedded#!
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:04 am

So i've been driving around all week with the boost controller and to be honest haven't noticed that much difference? I haven't wound up the boost properly yet still running 13psi. I'm not totally happy with it's performance when at full boost... it surges quite a bit? I guess this is the little spring loaded ball in the controller opening and shutting? Next i will try winding the boost up to 15 and see how it performs. I was thinking of installing a solenoid with switch on the dash so i can only use it only when really need it.
Back to top Go down
TSN.OOZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
TSN.OOZ

Number of posts : 106
Home City : East Corrimal
Model and year : '95 Super Custom Limited AWD 3L TD
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:36 am

WERX wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErcGtCRpwKM&feature=player_embedded#!
Freakin HELL.R.E.ARSE!!!
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

At least that was only one idiot with no idea...Check this one out! lol!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uLMQ0EMWjM&NR=1

Sorry Steve... where were we? Very Happy
Your new bar looks good by the way! cheers
Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:44 am

I found that mine not only boosted more but sooner, no need to floor it just goes. Did you drive around with the gauge on with standard boost for a while? Maybe you need those extra few PSI.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:50 am

Yeah had the gauge on before the controller and it was not surging. It only surges if i floor it.. if i hold the boost at 13 it's smooth as! It's only when i press the peddle a bit further it surges? No big deal if i drive it properly. I will increase the boost and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:43 am

I don't get what you mean by surge, anyway I always found (even before extra boost) that flooring it is useless. I back off so it can change gear and be back in the meaty part of the rev range where all the torque is. It is a deisel after all. Maybe your 4WD's extra load is diminishing the result, don't go sillly on the boost coz I want to be able to sleep at night seeing as I recommended the extra boost. To go further than 15PSi you need more fuel, exhaust temp gauge, dump pipe and exhaust. Other than that happy boosting.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:16 am

Yes yes i know! i never floor it literally. I know how to drive to it's best torque range and i understand diesel engines. I hardly ever drive it hard anyway and don't have to ay, it's just nice to have a little bit more when you need it at times. I have been looking at the gauge in my normal every day driving and i hardly ever go past 8-9 PSI. The surging only happens at the end of max boost, it's is just the wast gate opening and closing when the boost controller's ball valve opens and shut's at it's max set boost, just thought you may have experienced this as well. And don't worry Vozza you can sleep well tonight knowing that i wont be going crazy on the boost. Wink Thank's for caring so much though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:27 pm

Maybe we should get together to compare, and drive each others. Mine hits full boost all the time in normal driving. I'll be in naremburn on tuesday, if you're nearby PM me your mob no. if it hasn't changed from the 669 number you posted once. Is your boost contoler the TURBOTECH? They say that there is a difference. And wanted to ask you if the exhaust temp has changed with boost, you say in a previous post that you were going to install that gauge as well.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:28 am

Yeah my number is still the same. I will be in Balgowlah on tuesday arvo so if i finish early could do then.
Mine is a TURBOTECH so should be same. I didn't end up putting gauge on for exhaust temp, all too hard at the time. Have got a engine watchdog to measure the temp of the head and that hasn't changed, stays between 78 - 90 degrees most of the time.
I took the controller out and had it back to standard today and yes quite noticeable, like you said boost comes on quicker with the controller installed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boooooooooooost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boooooooooooost!   Boooooooooooost! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boooooooooooost!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Modified 'Aces :: Modified 'Aces-
Jump to: