Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TODAY WAS THE DAY

Go down 
+3
srburnsy
WERX
TINMAN
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

Number of posts : 189
Home City : Springside ~~~ QLD.~~AUSTRALIA
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM HIACE 2000 AWD
Registration date : 2010-02-14

TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:57 am

OH! Steve can you send me a photo of just how it goes on the front end thanks !!
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Hay Merv, glad your not too mad with me. Very Happy
As soon as i get hold of it i will measure and takes some photos. He lives about 2hr drive away but is coming more my way next saturday, so will pick it up then. cheers
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:33 am

Hey AussieQ Very Happy could you please give me the info of where you got your tow~bar from in Brisbane ? Shocked I went looking for a bar today around Toowoomba and they all would pull out the book study but if it is not in the book they didn't want to know Evil or Very Mad but one bloke told me the only place i could get one is from Brisbane Twisted Evil they do make them for SC Hiace cheers and have 700 K's load rated and you did say that you got your's from Brisbane and was 700 ! I could just build one but just want to the right thing for insurance!! pirat
Merv...
lol!
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Aranda towbars at Woodridge did ours took about an hour to fit.

http://www.arandatowbars.com.au/

I think it was around the $300 mark at end of last year. Seemed like both ends cost about the same from memory
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:12 am

Thanks "AussieQ" i will get onto them ASAP! Well we took the SC Hiace bush today all went very well and got 9.5 lts to the 100 K's on the hard black stuff!Took some old people((yes older than me!) i know where there are loads of wild things like goats and deer and we had lunch at the old gold mines was a long day !!
There was loads of this on the way home!! Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

MERV>>
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:52 am

"AussieQ" thanks for the info and yes they will help but i have to take the SC Van down to them they say they build the bar to fit Shocked Me in Brisbane affraid affraid i will have to buy a GPS so i can find my way around Shocked The price has gone up but no matter what hasen't Mad think i will try to get down on my next day off work to get the job done! Laughing
Started my next project today which will be a camper trailer i was going to pull the seats out of the SC but it is just so nice sit back and read the paper at work!! cheers cheers
Thanks again!! Laughing
Merv~~
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:57 am

Tinman,
Just bought a little GPS from Aldi for $89. Not tried it out yet but cheap as chips!! Not sure if they will have any left now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:13 am

GOODO REX thanks will go look tomorrow please let me know what you think of it !!
Merv~~
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:31 am

i Bought one a couple of years ago and still works well only been lost once but it was my own fault thought i new better. woops didn't Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:27 pm

I see them on the Bay with 7 ins screen does everything well almost think they also make coffee!! But have been told the voice is not much good but don't know and where to put a big screen?? Question
Merv~~
Hummm lost "Rufnut" not hard to do Cool the other day i was out around Clifton and they had the road closed anyhow we drove until we came to this T junction and nothing to say which way so i went the wrong way but did get to see some new country?? lol! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:38 pm

yes true but with sat nav should not of happened Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:28 am

Hello again Very Happy ~~Well got the GPS took me all weekend to get it to make coffee for us but think i have got it Shocked , was a big help we went into the back blocks from Leyburn to Inglewood got to see some new places and a big "YAHOO" for the GPS!! cheers
What did we do before the GPS?? Neutral (OK!got lost a lot!!) Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:08 am

We used to have a portable sextant and telescope in my yoof.
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:47 am

Good on you "REX"
lol!
lol!
Well back in my day i will give you the Drummer "REX" things were still square and the round things were still not found and most things were built from sandstone and wood??~~?? TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 183673
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Wheelie now Merv :afraid!: lol!
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:49 am

Hello to all you ACE users!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I don't know if you have had your TV on the Game show from Japan Shocked but they do show the streets around Japan when they move people and there are SC Hiace's all over cheers cheers and last night i thought i had gone to heaven they had two 2010 SC Hiace's to move people and we had a very good look at them YAHOO!!~~!! cheers cheers
How good is that do they have street cams that we can use on the net?? Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:33 am

OH! MY GOD!! Very Happy A super Custom truck Shocked all chrome What a Face was on tonight how do they chrome all the truck?? cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:27 am

Hello Mike good to hear from you again thought the floods got you?? affraid
Yes you can also use this if you like no trouble there you don't have a super Van but you have a good start you have a Toyota!! Drummer
lol!
lol!
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:31 am

HERE IS A QUESTION FOR YOU?? How come these SC vans were never brought into Australia or the rest of the world just as a go buy from the Toyota dealers??
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:40 am

Interesting question, however I think the new price could have been prohibitive. Just look at the VW Transporter comfortline, they around $60k and they don't sell many. I suspect thet SC's would have been around $50k new?
Rex
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:37 am

Thanks Rex!!
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:15 am

Well Saturday i was able to take the SC in the sand along the rabbit fence up here in Queensland Very Happy the sand was soft and deep and the SC didn't even spin a wheel Smile all i can say it went very very well Laughing ! I also use the SC to take old people out in the bush to give them a day out and a look around Rolling Eyes they have been very happy with the SC but i think the ride could be a little better Surprised the rubber is light truck and i think better rubber would be a big help Laughing !!
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Have you got Tems shockies mate. Of so maybe they are on sport. Our single drive rides well.
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:56 am

Hello AussieQ thanks for the reply Very Happy You can change the shockS?? Question have to look at that no don't get me wrong the ride is good but i think if the rubber was better than truck rubber i think it would be better Rolling Eyes We went to Brisbane today and the Sc well like hell G i could leave from the lights and be across the street before the other cars got half way across cheers very good !! Yes got the bar done no trouble so that all went well could of built one for nothing i just didn't have that small plate that is welded to the towbar Sad but better to have it done the way the insurance wanted! Twisted Evil Hey AussieQ could i have a better photo of your SC please so i can see just how your nudge bar is fitted please that is the next project the axle and springs FOR THE CAMP TRAILER Shocked are here at last so will be able to get into that tomorrow cheers we are in~between jobs just now so i have time to play Laughing Haven't seen much on the FORUM just of late is it the cold weather Mad Who was looking for rear shoes did you get them and if so where and where are they from PLEASE Question
SORRY AussieQ I MUST THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP WITH THE TOWBAR bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 am

Hay Tinman i got rear shoes few weeks back look here https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/i-need-f3/brake-pad-and-shoes-no-s-t1201.htm?highlight=brakes+shoes
Glad you got your rear bar sorted, but why do you need to tow a camper trailer? You got SC! Wink
I fitted the front nudge bar the other day so when i get a chance ill take some pic's for you. Its the lest i can do. Embarassed
So you had a play in the sand? affraid I've had mine on a few beaches but always find it a tad risky, but as long as the tyres are down to about 15psi with no sand hills and no deep wheel tracks it goes ok. I have had it stuck and been lucky to escape a few too many times. Embarassed Having plenty of momentum never hurts, just know its limitations - Low ground clearance, no low range, no center locking diff and the NON ability to fit wide tyres! Mad Having said that it surprises me how good it goes for a soft roader! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY WAS THE DAY   TODAY WAS THE DAY - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY WAS THE DAY
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next