Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited

Go down 
+2
ruffnut
TheGermanChick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGermanChick

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Canberra
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Empty
PostSubject: Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited   Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:24 am

Hi there,

I know it sounds extremely silly and impossible but my battery is flat and we can't the heck FIND IT...! My mates were very helpful with repairing my demolished self-esteem by not finding the bloody member of parliament too... Rolling Eyes

I just bought the van, it's a 1986 Hiace Super Custom Limited automatic and of course it didn't come with a manual. Can't get hold of the dude who sold the car so I'm pretty hopeless atm unless I call NRMA or one of you guys can tell me where to find the darn battery in my car... Any ideas? I can tell you that much: it's not where it's supposed to be (or at least where all other cars that I ever inspected on the inside have their battery)...

Thanks heaps in advance and have a great sunday!
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited   Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:13 am

try behind the passenger seat under the carpet you will find a metal cover unlock and lift it up and out wow there she is
cheers
dave

p.s. welcome to the forum Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
TheGermanChick

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Canberra
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited   Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:24 am

Hi ruffnut,

thanks for your prompt reply - tried that already, no battery but just some weird pipes... ;( [/img]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited   Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Has it had any camping mods done. (fridge, electric hookup etc).

Oh and i had to smile when i noticed the word sensor had caught you... Well I presume you hadnt called it a member of parliament. Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Icon_lol

" self-esteem by not finding the bloody member of parliament too... Rolling Eyes
"
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited   Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Not behind the passenger seat but under it.........lift the engine cover up 1st to see it
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited   Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:17 pm

as said before its under the passenger seat....no 1 clip to release is under the carpet next to passenger door ...other one is under carpet inside the small glove box in front of gear stick ...right side... unclip these remove seat head rest and lift seat...there should be long plastic clip hanging on the inside wall next to seat ...you use this to hook on to side of seat and hold it up... lid of battery box directly under seat..............just wait till the wind screen wash needs filled... took me days to find that 1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drummerbloke

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Pakenham
Registration date : 2011-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited   Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:58 am

oh yes the dreaded wind screen washer filler..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited   Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is the 1st battery located? 1986 Super Custom Limited
Page 1 of 1